The reference list of what you will see and experience during the Wine Tour with Sightseeing includes but is not limited to:
- Coastal view of the Saronic and the Corinthian Gulf
- View of the island of Salamis
- Beautiful vineyards Nemea
- Wine sampling and tasting
- Acrocorinth Optional
- Archaeological Site and Museum of Mycenae
- or alternatively Archaeological Site and Museum of Ancient Corinth ( in this option you can visit optionally the Acrocorinth)
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
During our tour you will have the chance to visit the ancient city of Corinth, the archeological sites of Nemea but also the magnificent Corinth Canal and last but certainly not least the beautiful vineyards that are spread throughout the region. Furthermore you will learn about the history of wine making and the modern technology that has been incorporated in the wine sector of Greece during the last decades that renewed the industry of fine wine making.
Our exploration will begin from your hotel. Our private chauffeur will pick you up and together you will embark on your journey to Corinth. During the one hour trip you can enjoy the coastal view on your way to your first stop.
First up is the Corinth Canal where the driver will make a quick stop and allow you to admire the breathtaking view and snap some pictures before continuing your ride. At this point you have the chance to choose among the two sightseeing options that suits you best.
First option is to visit the ancient city of Corinth. Upon your arrival at the city of Corinth you will visit the archaeological site and the museum and afterwards the town where you can have a cup of coffee or do some shopping. (In this part of the tour you can make an optional visit to Acrocorinth).
The second option can take you to the Archaeological Site of Mycenae and its Museum. There you will have the chance to see the imposing Lions Gate and the Cyclopean walls believed to have been erected by the mythical creatures Cyclops, and the Treasury of Atreas also known as the tomb of King Agamemnon.
After your break you will continue your journey through the Greek countryside full of vineyards and olive trees and allow the road to lead you to the beautiful city of Nemea, a city filled with history and legends about Greek gods and goddesses.
There you will visit the archeological museum and the site of Nemea but also learn about the semi-god hero Hercules. The final stop of the adventure is of course your visit to a local vineyard.
For the last 25 years the Greek wine sector has become a magnet for innovative ideas and courageous investments. Young entrepreneurs join the old generation of winemakers and work together in order to create world-class wines from native and international varieties.
In this part of the tour you will be greeted by English speaking staff members of the vineyard and young well trained vigerons who will show you around the vineyards and wineries, explain the procedure of wine making and lead you on a short walk in the beautiful Greek countryside.
Gastronomy goes hand in hand with fine wine so we will say goodbye with an organized dining experience of great culinary value capable of exceeding the expectations of even the most demanding food lovers.
Afterwards you can even select and purchase your favorite wine in order to relive the experience back at home while enjoying a glass of fine wine and narrating the stories that you have learned about the beautiful region of Nemea and the people behind its products.
We can also organize tours for anniversaries and special occasions. At the end of this magnificent experience your chauffeur will drive you back in Athens.
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.