The reference list of what you will see and experience during the tour A leisure Day in Vouliagmeni includes but is not limited to:
- Athenian Riviera
- South suburbs of Attica named Palaion Faliro, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni
- Lake of Vouliagmeni
- Beach of Vouliagmeni
The tour starts at the lobby of your accomodation where you will meet your chauffeur. On your way to the suburb called Vouliagmeni you will enjoy the ride through the Athenian Riviera that has established itself as a world class destination combining beaches, leisure and culture. Driving through old summer resorts of the 50s, 60s and 70s named Palaion Faliro and Glyfada you will arrive 40 minutes later at Vouliagmeni Lake.
The lake of Vouliagmeni seems like an oasis just outside the urban scenery. Vouliagmeni Lake is ranked by Greece’s Special Committee for the Protection of Natural Thermal Resources among the 20 recognized thermal springs. Apart from its sublime natural beauty that you can admire with a stroll around the lake, the salts and minerals that are concentrated in the lake create a thermal spa like environment ideal for a relaxing day. You can enjoy the serene scenery, have a cup of coffee or tea by the lake and feel completely tranquil and stress – free.
If you are up for a dive you can either visit the thermal waters of the lake or swim in the blue waters of Vouliagmeni beach which is in close proximity. Vouliagmeni beach became a favorite choice of Greek socialites such as Aristoteles Onasis and Jackie O and has been loved ever since.
After spending a relaxing day on Vouliagmeni Beach or Vouliagmeni Lake, your driver will wait for you to take you back to your cruise ship.
This lux and tranquil experience can be ideally combined with the Sounio tour and become a full day of relaxation before visiting the beautiful temple of Poseidon and gazing at the famous Sunset of Greece’s southest mainland site. Once again if you fancy taking a dive in the blue waters of the Aegean Sea, you can choose to do so next to the archeological site during the Sounio tour and right afterwards enjoy a traditional Greek feast by the sea.
- Vouliagmeni Beach is 3 Euro per person
- Vouliagmeni Lake: The entrance fee is €9 during the weekdays and €10 during the weekend (there are reduced tariff for children and eldery citizens) and it includes the use of the changing room, shower, toilets, parasols, and chairs (although you might not find any free parasols during the peak season peak hours).
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- As far as walking is concerned you have to keep in mind that climbing up to the Acropolis is a rather challenging task. Guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps and then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surface on top of the Acropolis is rather raw and uneven. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.