- The city of Sparta
- Museum of Olive
- The breathtaking city of Mystras
- The Byzantine Castle with its renowned Byzantine churches
- Archaeological Site of Olympia
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Our chauffer will meet you bright and early in the morning at the lobby of your accommodation. You will be driven west and you will have the chance to enjoy the magnificent Greek coastal scenery. Our first stop is the engineering Marvel Corinth Canal. After our 10 minute stop on the Corinth Canal and after taking our time to snap some breathtaking pictures and get some rest on the nearby rest area café, your chauffer will drive you through the winding country local roads through olive trees, vineyards and orange trees to Mystras, to discover the intriguing history of this breathtaking ancient town.
Mystras, that was once the most important town of the Peloponnese, stands abandoned since 1832 when its inhabitants left to reside in the modern city of Sparta leaving behind the byzantine ruins with its Castle and its Byzantine churches.The Byzantine Castle with its renowned Byzantine churches is a beloved destination that has been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Monument. After the visit to Mystras, we will visit the city of Sparta.
Sparta was a city of great significance during the ancient times. As city – state, Sparta dominated the entirety of ancient Greece for a period of time.
You should also visit the Museum of Olive to discover the history of the Olive Cultivation since ancient times in Greece. Of course the tour would not be complete without a visit at the Tomb of the great King Leonidas, one of the most memorable historic figures in human history.
At this point, we suggest to have a traditional lunch. Then, we will start for Olympia.
Overnight in Olympia.
Next morning wake up in Olympia, the prefecture of Elis. We will visit the the Archaeological Museum
The Archaeological Museum, that constitutes the last section of our tour, is filled with remarkable exhibits, including the famous statue of Hermes attributed to the sculptor Praxiteles. As we walk around the museum halls you will learn in detail everything there is to know about the history of this place, the establishment of the Games and the evolution into their modern state. You will enjoy a journey back in a moment in time where history was written and experience firsthand the beauty of some of the Worlds Ancient Wonders.
Then, you can visit the Archaeological Site of Olympia.
Before we depart to Athens, you will have a lunch in a traditional tavern.
Your driver will take you back to your accommodation.
To stay informed about the sites’ opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.