The reference list of what you will see and experience during the Sparta & Mystras Day Trip includes but is not limited to:
- Coastal view of the Saronic and the Corinthian Gulf
- View of the island of Salamis
- The city of Sparta
- Museum of Olive
- Tomb of the great King Leonidas
- The breathtaking city of Mystras
- The Byzantine Castle with its renowned Byzantine churches
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Our chauffeur will meet you bright and early in the morning at the lobby of your accommodation. Our journey will begin with a relaxing ride. You will be driven west and you will have the chance to enjoy the magnificent Greek coastal scenery.
On the way to our first stop at the Corinth Canal, you will be able to see and hear the intriguing stories hidden behind the war of Salamis Island between the Greek and the Persian fleet, the war that determined the route of the western civilization. Legends and reality merge and help us narrate the lives of the Greek heroes that became famous worldwide for their strategic skills, ingenious ways and courageous character.
Our first stop is the engineering marvel of Corinth Canal. After our 30minute stop on the Corinth Canal and of course after taking our time to snap some breathtaking pictures and get some rest on the nearby rest area café, your chauffeur will drive you through the winding country local roads through olive trees, vineyards and orange trees that grow in abundance in the area. It will feel as if you stepped into the scenery that one sees only in artistic movies and documentaries. Lay back and enjoy the ride for the next 2hrs till we will reach Sparta.
Sparta was a city of great significance during the ancient times. As city – state, Sparta dominated the entirety of ancient Greece for a period of time. The Spartans were raised to become ideal warriors. In this historic tour you will have the opportunity to discover firsthand not only the training techniques of the 300 Spartans that followed king Leonidas in Thermolypae, but also the their strategies and their well-known phalanx, the intricate and unique formation of armed soldiers.
You will also have the chance to discover that Sparta was renowned in ancient Greece for its social system and its structure, in which women had a leading role, having even the right to participate in wars.
If you are interested you can have the option to visit the Museum of Olive to discover the history of the Olive Cultivation since ancient times in Greece. Of course the tour would not be complete without a visit at the Tomb of the great King Leonidas, one of the most memorable historic figures in human history.
After your visit to Sparta, your driver will take you after an easy ride to Mystras, to discover the intriguing history of this breathtaking ancient town. Mystras, that was once the most important town of the Peloponnese, stands abandoned since 1832 when its inhabitants left to reside in the modern city of Sparta leaving behind the byzantine ruins.
This beautiful place still remains a powerful and mysteriously attractive town that confides in its visitors well kept secrets of its glorious past. The Byzantine Castle with its renowned Byzantine churches is a beloved destination that has been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Monument.
After the visit to Mystras, we suggest a break a beautiful traditional lunch will conclude the tour and offer you the chance to try a great selection of authentic local delicacies to satisfy all your senses.
Following the same way, our chauffeaur will take you back to Athens.
Entrance fees into Mystra area & Sparta Museum are 5 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office)
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
- University students and Students of Higher Education Institutes
- Technological Educational Institutes
- Military Schools or equivalent Schools of member states of the European Union
- Schools of Guides, upon presentation of their student identity card
- Young people, under the age of 18, after demonstrating the Identity Card or passport to confirm the age
Free admission for all on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Mystra:
- Winter period: Monday – Sunday: 08:00-15:00
- Summer period: Monday to Sunday: 08:00- 20:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours:
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs