The reference list of what you will see and experience during the Shore Excursion in Nafplio tour includes but is not limited to:
- Mycenae Archaeological Site
- Lions Gate
- Cyclopean Walls
- Mycenae Archaelogical Museum
- Treasury of Atreas
- Epidaurus Archaeological Site
- Epidaurus Museum
- Theater of Epidaurus
- Castle of Palamidi
- Castle of Acronafplia
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
This tour is dedicated to the land of Heroes of the Antiquity and of the modern History. The tour starts from Naflpion and takes you to Mycenae. The home of King Agamemnon.The historic facts, the stories of rivalry, betrayal and royal prevalence will all come to life in front of your eyes by the detailed narrations.
As you enter the citadel you will admire the Cyclopean Walls and come across the imposing Lions Gate, that takes its name from the triangular architectural structure that decorates and guards the entrance. This relief structure is believed to be the oldest surviving monumental piece of Art Sculpture of the western civilization.
Do not miss to visit the Archaeological Museum of Mycenae that includes exhibits found in the archaeological excavation giving you a visual and authentic perspective of the small everyday life objects, the religions utensils, burial offerings, burial jewelry and other decorative objects. Before leaving Mycenae, a short stop at the tomb of King Agamemnon or also known as the Treasury of Atreas which establishes it as a monument of even greater importance.
As we continue our Greek adventure it is time to enjoy once again a 40 minute ride as the Greek countryside unravels outside of your window. It is a wonderful opportunity to take in all the natural beauty and why not discuss any questions that you might have or even delve into the special products that the Greek soil so ungrudgingly offers. The area around Argos after all is renowned for its oranges and citrus trees.
After this easy ride through the majestic densely planted Peloponnesian scenery you will arrive at the Archaeological Site of Epidaurus, the birthplace of God Asclepios, God of Health and his sanctuary, and of course visit the renowned Theater of Epidaurus.
Before the end of the tour, our trip back in time and history will take us to our last stop, to the city Nafplion during the 19th century, when this city of extraordinary beauty was designated as the first capital of modern Greece after the War of Independence. Your chauffer will take you for a driving tour in order for you to capture pictures of the most important landmarks of the city, while at the same time offering you all the hidden details of the War of Independence and the intriguing stories that are worth being narrated for the Castle of Palamidi, the castle of Acronafplia and the importance of its fortification for the city’s port.
As this program full of experiences reaches its end we will make our way back to Nafplion and escort you to your cruise ship. We ensure you that after this tour you will feel revitalized and filled with new intriguing stories, historic knowledge and wonderful experiences that will follow you back home and will last for a lifetime.
Entrance fees into the archaeological area of Mycenae, Museum and Treasury of Atreus are 12 Euro pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office)
Entrance fees into the archaeological area of Epidaurus Theater are 12 Euro pp.
Entrance fees into Palamidi fortress are 4 Euro pp.
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
- Summer Period: 1 April – 31 October
- Winter Period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Palamidi Fortress:
- Winter Period:
- Summer Period:
April 2016: 08.00-19.00
May until october 31st 2016: 08:00-20:00
Good Friday, April 10th: 12.00-17.00
Holy Saturday, April 11th: 08.00-15.00
Sunday, 5th of July 2015: 09.00-16.00
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Mycenae:
- Winter period: 08:00am-15:00
- Summer period: 08:00-20:00
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Epidaurus:
- Winter period: 08:00-15:00
- Summer period: 08:00-20:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours:
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.