The reference list of what you will see and experience during the Kids Friendly tour includes but is not limited to:
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Presidential Palace
- Changing of the Guards
- Constitution (Syntagma) Square
- Lycabetus Hill
- Trilogy of Culture (Academy, University, Library of Athens)
- New Acropolis Museum
First thing to do on our half day tour is to visit the Acropolis Hill, before the crowds and the heat begin to rise. There we will go together with our little adventurers to discover the Temple where Goddess Athena was living and the Athenians honored her, the so called Parthenon. We will discover together behind the name of the city and the symbols of the Gods.
After your visit to the sacred rock of the Acropolis, you can lay back in our luxurious, comfortable and air conditioned vehicle and your chauffer will drive you to explore the rest of the city in the most stylish and convenient way. Next comes the visit to the biggest temple that ever existed, that is the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch marking the ancient Greek boarders of the city.
Your next stop is the Old Olympic Stadium. Right after you will have the chance to witness the changing of the guards in front of the Presidential Palace, tireless on their duty. This vivid short parade is especially beloved by the children. Do not miss to take a picture with the guards. On the driving tour you will also see the House to the Parliament and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
And because our purpose is to offer you what suits you best…the last part of the tour focuses absolutely on our little adventurers. Get your family backpack, your treasure map and let’s discover the new Acropolis Museum together. This tour is higlhy recommend with a tour guide. The New Acropolis Museum is undeniably among the best museums of the World. The beautiful new museum is the best spot for our little ones to delve further into the magical stories behind the Athenian civilization in a place where ancient history meets the modern world.
On the way to your accommodation if time permits we can have a quick stop to enjoy Greek delicacies and something cool to drink and the best gelato in the city that all children especially love.
Entrance fees to the Acropolis are 20 Euro total pp
For the Acropolis Museum is 5 Euro pp.
Free admission for:
- Journalists Persons under 12 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (regardless age) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
Opening hours for the archeological sites of Athens including Acropolis:
- Winter period:8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
Opening hours for New Acropolis Museum:
- Winter period:
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Last admission: 4:30 p.m.)
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
- Summer period:
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Last admission: 3:30 p.m.)
Tuesday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.