The reference list of what you will see and experience during the Athens Full Day tour includes but is not limited to:
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Presidential Palace
- Changing of the Guards
- Constitution (Syntagma) Square
- Lycabetus Hill
- Trilogy of Culture (Academy, University, Library of Athens)
- Authentic Greek Lunch
- Ancient Greek Agora
- New Acropolis Museum or National Archaeological Museum of Athens or any other museum of your choice
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
On this superb full day tour the first thing to do is definitely to visit the Acropolis Hill, before the crowds and the heat begin to rise. There you will explore the magnificent gate of Propylaea, the Temple of the wingless Nike, the Erectheion with the imperious maidens Karyatides, and last but not least the masterpiece of Classical architecture, the Parthenon. The Acropolis gives you the chance to enjoy a panoramic view of the theater of Dionysus, the Odeum of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Greek Agora, the modern city of Athens and even the port of Piraeus.
After your visit to the sacred rock of the Acropolis, you can lay back in our luxurious, comfortable and air conditioned vehicle and your chauffeur will drive you to explore the rest of the city in the most stylish and convenient way. Next comes the visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch. Your next stop is the Old Olympic Stadium.
Right after you will have the chance to witness the intricate changing ritual of the guards in front of Athens’ Presidential Palace. Continue with the driving tour and see the greatest examples of 19th century neoclassical architecture like the Trilogy of Culture, the masons on Queen Sophia’s Av., the House of the Parliament on Constitution Sq. (Syntagma Square) where the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier exists.
After all this soaking in of history and culture we suggest a break and can organize a nice home cooked family style lunch to taste the real side of Greek Food. After having a rest we are ready to hit the road once again and take some pictures that will last a lifetime. A drive through the old aristocratic neighborhood of Athens named Kolonaki, is incumbent. From there on, your chauffer will drive you to the most beautiful balcony of Athens on Lycabettus Hill where you can take a spectacular panoramic picture of the city. Whether you are an expert in photography or simply a lover of all things beautiful you will definitely be tempted to capture the stunning view through your lens and create a memento that will stay with you and help you remember your unique day in Athens.
And because our purpose is to offer you what suits you best, do not forget that you can customize the last 2 hours of your tour by adding to your itinerary one of the following options:
- The New Acropolis Museum is undeniably among the best museums of the World. The beautiful new museum You can delve further into the magical stories behind the Acropolis in a place where ancient history meets the modern world of 21st century.
- The ancient Agora with its wonderful Temple of Hephaestus, can be visited on our tour after your lunch while also providing an excellent chance for a walk through the beautiful neighborhood of Thiseio.
- The National Archeological Museum of Athens where you can view an exquisite selection of the most important and representative exhibits of Greek culture is the ideal alternative for guests who are not planning on visiting historical sites outside Athens. If you want to have an all-inclusive experience and have a taste of every period of Greek history just by visiting one place, this museum will cover all your specifications.
- Any other Museum in Athens of your choice can also be visited at this point of our tour.
On the way to your cruise ship if time permits we can have a quick stop to enjoy Greek delicacies and something cool to drink just like the locals do during the summer months.
Entrance fees, to the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, and Ancient Agora, are 30 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office of any site) and 20 Euro for just the Acropolis.
Entrance fee to the Acropolis Museum is 10 Euro pp.
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (regardless age) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
For the Acropolis
- Winter period: 8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
For Acropolis Museum:
- Winter period:
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Last admission: 4:30 p.m.)
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
- Summer period: Monday:
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Last admission: 3:30 p.m.)
Tuesday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January
- 6 January
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December
- 26 December
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. As far as walking is concerned you have to keep in mind that climbing up to the Acropolis is a rather challenging task. Guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps and then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surface on top of the Acropolis is rather raw and uneven. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour. Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.