The reference list of what you will see and experience during the Athens Panoramic Driving tour includes but is not limited to:
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Presidential Palace
- Changing of the Guards
- Constitution (Syntagma) Square
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Lycabetus Hill
- Trilogy of Culture (Academy, University, Library of Athens)
- Athenian Riviera
The most important Site in the city of Athens, the one that amazes the visitors with its magnificence, the Acropolis, is the first stop with your driver. On your way, you can see the renowned New Acropolis Museum opened in 2009 and admire its architecture. You will be taken to a point from where you will have the chance to gaze at the monumental Gates of the Acropolis, named Propylaea, stare at the Temple of Wingless Athena and adore the masterpiece of Classical architecture, the Parthenon. Hear the stories that the ruins have to narrate and after taken your pictures continue to explore the timeless city of Athens.
After this you can lay back in our luxurious, comfortable and air conditioned vehicle and your chauffer will drive you to explore the rest of the city in the most stylish and convenient way. Next comes the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch. Your next stop is the Panathinaic Stadium, where the first modern Olympics took place.
Right after you will have the chance to witness the changing of the guards in front of Athens’ Presidential Palace. Arriving just in time, you will enjoy the tireless and valiant Evzones on their duty, guarding their post in front of the Greek Parliament for 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. A drive through the old aristocratic neighborhood of Athens named Kolonaki, is incumbent.
From there on, your chauffer will drive you to the most beautiful balcony of Athens on Lycabettus Hill where you can take a spectacular panoramic picture of the city. Whether you are an expert in photography or simply a lover of all things beautiful you will definitely be tempted to capture the stunning view through your lens and create a memento that will stay with you and help you remember your unique day in Athens.
The driving tour continues to present you the Athens of the 19th century with its remarkable neoclassical buildings. The greatest examples can be seen on Queen Sophia’s Av., on Constitution Sq. (Syntagma Square) with the House of the Parliament where you can see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a memorial of great significance for the Greek people.
Coming up next is Trilogy of Culture including the buildings housing the Academy of Athens, the Library of Athens and the Library of Athens. You will then be driven down to the coastline to immense yourselves in the deep blue of the Aegean Sea and enjoy the Athenian Riviera. Enjoy your ride through the Mikrolimano meaning small port of Piraeus to see the Tavernas right on the seafront. Next you will drive southwards to see some of the most elegant, prestigious and picturesque suburbs of Attica before you will turn back to Athens.
On the way to your accommodation if time permits we can have a quick stop to enjoy Greek delicacies and something cool to drink just like the locals do during the summer months.
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.