The reference list of what you will see and experience during the Athens and Ancient Corinth Full Day tour includes but is not limited to:
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Presidential Palace
- Changing of the Guards
- Constitution (Syntagma) Square
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Lycabetus Hill
- Trilogy of Culture (Academy, University, Library of Athens)
- Corinth Canal
- Temple of Apollo
- Ancient Corinth Agora
- Saint Paul’s Step
- Ancient Corinth Archaeological Site
- Ancient Corinth Museum
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
First thing to do on this superb full day tour is to visit the Acropolis Hill, before the crowds and the heat begin to rise. There you will explore the magnificent gate of Propylaea, the Temple of the wingless Nike, the Erectheion with the imperious maidens Karyatides, and last but not least the masterpiece of Classical architecture, the Parthenon. The Acropolis gives you the chance to enjoy a panoramic view of the theater of Dionysus, the Odeum of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Greek Agora, the modern city of Athens and even the port of Piraeus.
After your visit to the sacred rock of the Acropolis, you can lay back in our luxurious, comfortable and air conditioned vehicle and your chauffeur will drive you to explore the rest of the city in the most stylish and convenient way. Next comes the visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch. Your next stop is the Old Olympic Stadium.
Right after you will have the chance to witness the intricate changing ritual of the guards in front of Athens’ Presidential Palace. Continue with the driving tour and see the greatest examples of 19th century neoclassical architecture like the Trilogy of Culture, the masons on Queen Sophia’s Av., the House of the Parliament on Constitution Sq. (Syntagma Square) where the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier exists.
After having taken a good taste of Athens, it is time to leave behind the city center driving westwards. You will have the chance to enjoy the magnificent Greek coastal scenery along the Athenian coastline. On the way to our first stop at the Corinth Canal, you will be able to see and hear the intriguing stories hidden behind the war of Salamis between the Greek and the Persian fleet, the war that determined the route of the western civilization. Legends and reality merge and help us narrate the lives of the Greek heroes that became famous worldwide for their strategic skills, ingenious ways and courageous character.
After a short and easy ride, comes our first stop, the engineering marvel of Corinth Canal. After our 30minute stop on the Corinth Canal and of course after taking our time to snap some breathtaking pictures and get some rest on the nearby rest area café, your chauffer will drive you through the winding country local roads through olive trees, vineyards and orange trees that grow in abundance in the area. It will feel as if you stepped into the scenery that one sees only in artistic movies and documentaries. 20 minutes later we will arrive at the next stop of our exploration, the city of Ancient Corinth.
The Ancient Corinth used to be a city that was a powerful and strategic center where numerous historic, cultural and religious events have taken place. You will admire the Temple of Apollo, that is one of the oldest temples in Greece dating back to the 6th century B.C. Corinth is also a place of great importance since St. Paul gave his Speech in the center of the Ancient Agora on the renowned Bema.
During our tour you will also find the spring of Glauke, the fountain of Pinene and discover the myths hidden behind their waters, the market place, the theater, the Odeon and several other Roman buildings while at the same time gaining an in depth understanding of the city’s prominence. The Archaeological Museum is of great interest since it is a great introductory to the famous Corinthian pottery and Mosaic Art. And because In Greece we embrace the expression “Food brings people together”.
After all this soaking in of history and culture we suggest a break and can organize a nice home cooked family style lunch to taste the real side of Greek Food.
Entrance fees, to the Acropolis & Temple of Zeus, are 26 Euro total pp.
Entrance Fees to Ancient Corinth is 8 Euros
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
- Summer period 1 April – 31 October
- Winter period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archeological sites of Athens including Acropolis:
- Winter period:8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Ancient Corinth:
- Winter period:8:00am-15:00
- Summer period:
From 3/4 to 30/4 08:00am-19:00
From 2/5 to 30/9 08:00am-20:00
From 1/10/ to 15/10, 08:00am-19:00
From 16/10 to 31/10, 08:00am-18:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours:
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.