The reference list of what you will see and experience during the Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum walking tour includes but is not limited to:
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Walk on Dionisiou Areopagitou Street
- New Acropolis Museum
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
First thing to do on our walking tour is to visit the Acropolis Hill, before the crowds and the heat begin to rise.
There you will be able to explore the magnificent gate of Propylaea, the Temple of the wingless Nike, the Erectheion with the widely known female statues, the imperious maidens called Karyatides, and last but not least the masterpiece of Classical architecture, the Parthenon.
From the Acropolis Hill you will be able to gaze the other historical hills of Athens that are Areopagus, Philopappus Hill (or Hill of the Muses), Hill of the Nymphs, Pnyx,and the Hill of Lycabettus. The Acropolis, meaning the highest edge of the city gives you the chance to enjoy a panoramic view of the theater of Dionysus, the Odeum of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Greek Agora, the modern city of Athens and even the port of Piraeus.
After your visit to the sacred rock of the Acropolis, your guide will take you for a nice stroll on Dionisiou Areopagitou Street that will lead you to the New Acropolis Museum.
The New Acropolis Museum, the jewel of the city of Athens, opened its doors in 2009 and has been voted as one of the best museums in the world. Interesting not only for its exhibits but also for its architecture, the New Acropolis Museum is a must-see in the city of Athens.
Entrance fees to the Acropolis is 20 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained)
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
- Summer period 1 April – 31 October
- Winter period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archeological sites of Athens including Acropolis:
- Winter period:8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
Opening hours for Acropolis Museum:
- Winter period:
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Last admission: 4:30 p.m.),
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.),
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
- Summer period:
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Last admission: 3:30 p.m.),
Tuesday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.),
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.